The Temple


This weekend David & I got to go over to Vancouver for the temple dedication. What a humbling experience to be sitting in our beautiful new temple and to be taking part in something that we will never have the opportunity in our lifetime to experience again. I never realized how much joy I would feel to know we have our very own temple. It feels so personal and I am so looking forward to attending as often as I can. The first thing will be to do the sacred work for my own Mother. What better way to say Happy Mothers Day & to express my love for her than to go & perform those ordinances on her behalf. I am so thankful for temples that give us the greatest of all blessings of being able to be sealed for time & all eternity with those we hold so dear here in mortality & that without that, we would have no claim on each other in the next life. Our Heavenly Father has blessed us with the capability to love with all our hearts so how tragic would it be if this great work wasn't in place, so that these relationships can continue beyond the grave. I need my children & grandchildren to know that without a doubt and with every fiber of my being I KNOW that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints contains the fullness of the gospel and everything we need to know to return to our Heavenly Father. This is His church and He directs the affairs of this great work through His Prophets. I KNOW I was in the presence of His prophet upon the earth at this time, even Thomas S. Monson, this weekend. I KNOW that the Book of Mormon is a testament of our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, and that it was received and translated exactly as the Prophet Joseph Smith testified. I KNOW that our Heavenly Father & His Son Jesus Christ know us personally, even better than we know ourselves and that they are concerned daily for our well being. I KNOW that prayers are heard and answered, even if it takes longer than we think it should or even if the answer isn't always the one we think it should be. Heavenly Father knows what we need ...when we need it... and will NEVER leave us alone. I think that great truth is so important to know...WE ARE NEVER ALONE!! I am grateful beyond words to have been entrusted with loving & nurturing 4 precious spirits & that they were His children long before they were mine, and that I am in a sacred partnership with Him in this endeavor. I am also most especially blessed to be a constant influence in the lives of my precious grandchildren. I love them more than I can say. I am grateful for a husband who lately has been feeling Heavenly Fathers influence and therefore been having a greater desire to be more obedient to the things he knows to be true. I am truly humbled when I think of our sweet Savior and what he did for me personally. That He willingly gave up His life that I might be able to return to live with the Father again. Without that great sacrifice I would be lost...we all would. It is my prayer that I will be able to live worthy of that greatest of all gifts, that His atonement on my behalf will not have been in vain.

1 comment:

Followers