Tomorrow is my baby girl's birthday. We could not have received a better or more precious Christmas gift than the one we were blessed with 34 years ago.How quickly the time has gone. It seems to go quicker & quicker the older I get. The days & weeks all too soon become years. I am so grateful... although that could never be an adequate enough word to describe the feelings of my heart...for this most cherished treasure in my life... my amazing daughter. Thank you Heavenly Father for trusting me (even with my considerable imperfections) with one of your most valiant spirits. I also thank her for her righteous desires to be obedient and for her teaching her children the way they should go. Until now, we have never been apart this long and it is especially hard at this time of year. Some days the pain of it seems to break my heart and then after a time the peace comes once more. I am so very humbled by the knowledge that He knows our suffering and has taken it upon Himself on our behalf. There could be no sweeter gift. One of my favorite scriptures is found in D&C 101:16 "be still and know that I am God." I love Him... & I trust Him...and so I know that He will give me the strength to do what I need to do & even though I cannot see...He can. So tomorrow I celebrate a most wonderful day...the birth of our angel daughter... Shelli. Happy Birthday my beautiful girl...I love you forever. Mom

1 comment:

  1. I hope you know just how much I miss you both! I really, REALLY do. Thank you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers